Colligative Properties Logic Puzzle
Fill in all the gaps, then press "Check" to check your answers.
Five grams of sucrose, ethanol, methanol, calcium chloride, and aluminum chloride have been dissolved separately, each in 200 mL of water. These solutions were then placed randomly in the following containers: 250-mL beaker, 250-mL Erlenmeyer flask, 600-mL beaker, 500-mL Erlenmeyer flask and a 1-L Florence flask. The containers were then randomly labeled A-E.
It is your task to determine each container's label and contents based upon the following data:
- The solution in the largest container has the highest boiling point.
- The sugar solution is in the largest beaker.
- Erlenmeyer flasks hold volatile solutes.
- Solution A is made with an ionic solid.
- Solutions labeled with vowels are in beakers.
- The compound with the lowest molar mass is in the smallest flask.
- The solution with the lowest freezing point is C.
- Solute B is a common gasoline additive.