AP Chemistry Interactive Review Activities
In keeping with the new framework for AP Chemistry beginning in 2013 - 2014, I am indicating here if the topic to which a review activity relates has been dropped from the curriculum. It will be identified as excluded (Excluded) to indicate that the College Board has specifically excluded it. I will leave the reviews here, however, in case some of you find them useful.
These are not graded assignments. They are intended only as practice of concepts and vocabulary that are essential to your success in this course. Most of these interactive review activities work well in recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Most also render perfectly in mobile browsers on higher resolution Android and Apple phones.
Each time you reload the activity, the problems will be in a different order, and the answers will be reshuffled! Most of these activities will launch in a new browser window. If you find errors in any of these activities, please contact me.
- Chapter 1: Chemical Foundations
- Chapter 2: Atoms, Molecules and Ions
- Chapter 18: The Nucleus: A Chemist's View
- (Excluded)Chapter 18 Review Questions
- Chapter 3: Stoichiometry
- Unit 1 Review
- Unit 1 Review Questions - 55 review questions.
- Chapter 4: Types of Chemical Reactions and Solution Stoichiometry
- Chapter 5: Gases
- Chapter 6: Thermochemistry
- Unit 2 Review
- Unit 2 Review Questions - Each time this review activity loads it will randomly select 25 review questions for a set of about 60 questions.
- Chapter 7: Atomic Structure and Periodicity
- Chapter 8 - Bonding: General Concepts
- Chapter 9: Covalent Bonding: Orbitals
- Chapter 10: Liquids and Solids
- Chapter 11: Properties of Solutions
- Chapter 12: Chemical Kinetics
- Unit 4 Review
- Unit 4 Review Questions - Each time this review activity loads it will randomly select 20 review questions for a set of about 60 questions.
- Chapter 13: Chemical Equilibrium
- Chapter 14: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 15: Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
- Unit 5 Review
- Unit 5 Review Questions - Each time this review activity loads it will randomly select 20 review questions for a set of about 60 questions.
- Chapter 16: Spontaneity, Entropy, and Free Energy
- Chapter 17: Electrochemistry
- Chapter 22: Organic and Biological Molecules
- (Excluded)Naming Alkanes Practice
- (Excluded)Naming Cycloalkanes Practice
- (Excluded)Naming Aromatics Practice
- (Excluded)Recognizing Functional Groups
- (Excluded)Recognizing Organic Fragments
- (Excluded)Review of Amino Acid Structures